Job Title – Project Manager
Location – Buffalo Grove, IL
This opportunity is with a leading producer of Class I and II medical devices supporting retail and institutional industries. Due to increased growth, we are currently seeking a Project Manager to add to our staff in Buffalo Grove, IL.
We are seeking a seasoned Project Manager with 3-5+ years of experience working with Type 2 Medical devices or consumer products. The individual interfaces with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Marketing and also works with outside suppliers and resources to deliver projects according to schedule and within budget.
This position affords a unique opportunity to use project management principles to deliver a multitude of new products as well as enhancements and extensions to existing product lines.
- Responsible for managing hardware engineering and software projects for Ameda products
- Responsible for driving and gaining expertise in delivering standards compliance and implementation programs
- Responsible for estimation of resources and expenses, coordinating activities of engineering resources and driving projects to successful completion.
- Plan development projects including estimation of resources, expenses and scheduling
- Work closely with area managers to ensure industry standards are implemented consistently across products
- Work with Engineering, Operations, Quality and Marketing to communicate project needs and status
- Execute plans and manage projects to successful completion in accordance with plans
- Identify solutions to challenges that arise during the development process to keep projects on track
- Drive projects to completion by navigating through roadblocks and obstacles
- Maintain compliance with product development procedures and FDA regulations
- Communicate status (progress of C.O. work flows, etc.) to program teams and functional areas
- Develop relationships with key resources in all departments
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 2 years technical experience with electro-mechanical devices
- Minimum 3 year project management experience with successful completion of a large multi-step program– PMP certification preferred
- Experience within the medical device field—knowledge of and experience with industry standards and testing desired
- Experience leading projects and driving tasks to completion on a defined schedule
- Experience managing projects from concept to release
- Experience developing strong working relationships with personnel from engineering, quality, operations and marketing teams
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen with a customer centric perspective.
- Highly skilled on project management techniques with through understanding of product planning and new product development process execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels of management.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Working medical terminology knowledge or breastfeeding industry experience preferred.
- Willing and able to travel, approximately 20%.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to the management team and board of directors
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes actions to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as the lead of a team to move members toward the completion of goals.
- Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Accurately checks processes and tasks.
Ameda Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.