The Analyst is responsible for performing strategic pricing analysis for various Ameda customer categories in the healthcare industry, including the following U.S. markets: Institutional, Retail, Rental, Distribution, State and Local Government, and Medicaid, as well as the International markets. Such pricing analysis is required for competitive situations, new business opportunities, and large bid/RFP solicitations in the healthcare market. This position is also responsible for performing other types of ad-hoc analysis and reporting related to sales tracking, profitability analysis, GPO administrative fee reporting, and distributor rebate and sales tracing processing.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Contribute to all aspects of customer bids/RFPs by performing strategic pricing analysis and overall profitability analysis of the business opportunity for all Ameda customer segments, including National Accounts, Group Purchasing Organizations, Integrated Delivery Networks, State/Local Government, and WIC
- Analysis and reporting of monthly sales and GPO administrative fees, distributor rebates and sales tracings, and various other sales related reports as needed
- Perform pricing analysis for all Ameda international distributors to periodically review margins, and work closely with the International Ameda Team to manage all pricing functions for Ameda's international distributors
- Support and contribute to various Marketing strategies involving new product pricing, price modifications to existing products, and implementation of new price programs and corresponding new business practices
- Process monthly distributor rebates and annual customer conversion rebates
- Responsible for GPO membership maintenance and approval of and processing of committed volume agreements/participation forms for GPO members
- Responsible for performing ad hoc margin and sales analysis to support various business needs and strategies
- Develop, update and maintain the sales forecast
- Coordinate pump contract reviews and signatures
- Prepares contract paper files and files contracts in physical and electronic files
BS Degree in Business with a minimum of 2 years of pricing and/or business analytical experience
3-5 years of pricing and/or business analytical experience
Required Technical Competencies
- Advanced Analytical Skills
- Strong Financial Background/Knowledge
- Proficient with MS Office Suite: Advanced Excel Skills Required
- Strong Business Acumen
- Acute Attention to Detail
- Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Secondary Technical Competencies
- Understanding of complex bid/RFP processes.
- Understanding of GPOs, IDNS and WIC in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with Mass Retail
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive and a self-starter.
- Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.