Buffalo Grove, IL
Since 1942, Ameda, Inc. has been dedicated to helping moms and babies breastfeed successfully. We are looking for a Product Manager to plan and execute new product development projects for our consumer product line. These projects will deliver innovative, high quality products that meet customer needs, revenue and margin goals and speed to market timelines. While involved with the entire product lifecycle, the Product Manager’s main focus is on driving global new product development from the point of concept definition through production. The role will be simultaneous responsible for multiple projects. The Product Manager will lead a cross functional team (engineering, quality, clinical, procurement, operations, finance, etc.) in the planning and execution of projects targeted at expanding the Ameda line with new and enhanced products.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Create and lead execution of brand plans.
- Perform category, competitive, customer and self brand situation analysis of trends, results, documenting implications to the business.
- Lead all packaging activities for brands managed.
- Represent brands in line-reviews and in sales presentations.
- Help develop creative briefs and brand creative and consumer communications, including advertising promotions and other consumer communications.
- Gather customer voice from multiple listening points, including consumers, retailers and healthcare professionals.
- Provides input and ideas as part of product roadmap planning processes.
- Define product business cases through requirement documents containing prioritized features, financial estimates, feasibility analysis, ROI and NPV analyses and develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Identify product differentiation opportunities with an eye on competitive product features and selling tactics.
- Development launch plans that include promotional materials, advertising, digital content and training. Work with sales management and retailers to establish programs necessary for successful product launch and sales attainment.
- Work closely with clinical, QA/RA team members to coordinate the attainment of testing and other documentation necessary for the regulatory aspects of product submissions and promotion of cleared products.
- Formulates and gains approval for overall project plan in consultation with management and other stakeholders.
- Monitors progress to plan and implements actions as needed to maintain commitments.
- Lead cross-functional team with diverse skill sets to bring projects to a successful close. May include external resources and contracted companies.
- Provide reporting to the executive staff illustrating the progress of projects and associated barriers to success and identification of corrective actions.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and managed appropriately.
- Builds accountability and predictability around project activities for new product releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Life Science. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing complex, cross-functional new product development projects. Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience researching and translating customer needs into relevant product requirements.
- Proven successful lead of a new product launch team.
- Experience in developing products in a regulated industry environment. GMP, ISO and FDA quality system regulations preferred.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen with a customer centric perspective.
- Highly skilled on project management techniques with through understanding of product planning and new product development process execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels of management.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Working medical terminology knowledge or breastfeeding industry experience preferred.
- Willing and able to travel, approximately 20%.
Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to the management team and board of directors
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes actions to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as the lead of a team to move members toward the completion of goals.
- Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Accurately checks processes and tasks.