A Graphic Artist/Marketing Specialist works with other members of their marketing and creative departments to visually convey a particular message, idea or concept. They rely on their knowledge and proficiency with current graphic design programs to produce graphic art and visual materials for packaging, labeling, promotions, advertisements, websites and other mediums. The Graphic Artist/Marketing Specialist manages the artwork approval process, as well as, the submission and storage of artwork.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Prepare and plan concept by gathering/studying information and materials in conjunction with creative brief input.
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Audit artwork packaging and labeling requirements in regulated Medical Device industry.
- Implement feedback and edits from multiple team members for revision rounds to final approval then prepare and collect for final output.
- Manages the internal artwork approval process including soft- and hard-copy filing of artwork approvals.
- Coordinate photography and videography shoots, when applicable.
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding material specifications, uploads and final artwork print approvals.
- Coordinate outside freelancers, agencies or temporary artists when applicable.
- Artwork support to cross-functional teams of Quality, Engineering, Operations and Sales.
- Contribute to Marketing team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain technical knowledge and trends by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent job-related experience) in Graphic Arts or related field. Job-related experience in lieu of degree must provide the employee with knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
Required Technical Competencies
- Ability to generate advertising and marketing ideas and promotions
- Strong graphic designer
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite experience – i.e. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Microsoft Office experience, specifically Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking, project management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Videography, photography or copywriting experience a plus
Required Behavioral Competencies
Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
Building Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes actions to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small ‘shows concern for all aspects of the job’ accurately checks processes and tasks: is watchful over a period of time.