Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Ameda is seeking to hire a Director, Global Marketing who will serve as a key member of the firm’s global executive management team and report to the CEO. This position will have overall responsibility for providing leadership and strategic direction for managing the company’s global business and providing direction for new product development.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in consumer marketing, preferably in a regulated environment. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with mass retailers such as Target, Walmart and Babies“R”Us. The candidate should have extensive experience with online marketing and social market and preferable have experience marketing to moms.
The position’s responsibilities are to be executed in accordance with the mission, philosophy and objectives of Ameda and will require a team oriented approach.
Must provide cover letter and resume.
- Develop 5-year strategic plan for global business as part of overall strategic plan for Ameda
- Set tactical and strategic direction for the global business
- Drive customer value proposition including promotional plan, pricing, assortment, customer experience
- Establish and implement consumer marketing programs including in-store, online, advertising and social media to drive growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified retail initiatives
- Provide guidance & direction to the Ameda new product development team in the development and production of new products
- Plans, budgets and oversees the execution of annual operating plans
- Lead annual line reviews with mass retailers in conjunction with retail sales
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-10 years of global marketing experience, preferably in a regulated environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in consumer marketing, preferably to moms
- MBA preferred with an emphasis in marketing
- Experience working with mass retailers such as Target, Walmart, and Babies”R”Us, from preparation and execution of line reviews through execution of product launch, global mass retail experience preferred
- Digital marketing experience including SEO, online advertising, public relations, social media, online influencer management, and email campaigns
- Ownership of consumer insights, research and development of marketing requirements for new product development
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams in the areas of design, engineering and brand marketing to align and execute consumer product strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with multicultural sensitivities
- Willingness to travel internationally (approximately 20-25% travel required