Job Title: Retail Business Development Manager - Ameda Inc.
This role will provide support to the sales and marketing team by gathering category and consumer data to develop actionable insights, reports, strategies and tactics to drive share and volume for Ameda products. This position will also be responsible for business development and growth of assigned eCommerce accounts including, but not limited to, Amazon.com. The position will be based out of Ameda’s corporate headquarters in Buffalo Grove, Illinois (northwest Chicago suburbs).
- Assess trends, analyze data and identify key customer opportunities to assist in increasing Ameda’s sales and market share.
- Utilize syndicated data and customer-specific POS data to develop actionable insights, strategies and tactics to include, but not limited to:
- Volume and share top line reports
- Promotional effectiveness reports
- Competitive brand reporting
- Customer scorecards
- SKU rankings
- Track and communicate performance of new and existing Ameda SKU’s, competitive activity, and other business-critical information both internally and externally.
- Assist in account presentation development and attend customer meetings.
- Create optimal planograms based on category and consumer insights
- Manage product imaging for planogram software with broker.
- Utilize POS data and syndicated data to assist in Demand Planning/Forecasting
- Conduct promotional analysis at the customer and channel levels.
- Responsible for key customer development with assigned accounts.
- Partner with brand marketing and customers to develop customized sales plans that meet customer objectives while operating within Ameda's corporate initiatives and guidelines.
- Responsible for tactical programming and execution designed to achieve Ameda's net sales, volume and share objectives.
- Manage accruals and lump sum funding budgets to provide consumer driven merchandising, sound fiscal management of total customer spending, and deduction management within Ameda's guidelines.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of customer specification and promotional contracts.
- Effectively partner with internal and external Ameda resources to ensure all Ameda and customer goals/objectives are met and/or exceeded.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business or related field, MBA a plus
- 4+ years experience in the CPG industry working with syndicated data, panel data, space management and spreadsheets.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to set own priorities and work both independently and effectively in team environment.
- Ability to multi-task several critical projects and requests.
- Strong business and financial acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sales experience strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
- Builds Trust – Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Planning / Organization - Establishes priorities that address the details and timelines needed to achieve the intended results
- Judgment - Formulates creative solutions to problems. Resolves sensitive issues without making the situation worse. Provides advice and/or information to individuals and teams in a timely manner.
- Flexibility / Adaptability to Change - Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change, improvements, etc.; Adapts own attitudes and behavior to work effectively with different people and situations; Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, better ideas, strategies, procedures, and methods.