At Ameda, our mission is to empower mothers worldwide to meet their breastfeeding goals by providing products that make breastfeeding more comfortable, safe and convenient. Everything we offer - Ameda breast pumps and breastfeeding accessories, Ameda breastfeeding education, Ameda’s support of moms, clinicians, and customers – reflects our passion for breastfeeding. We are looking for a Global Brand Manager, Consumer Marketing and Brand Equity, to join our dynamic, fast-paced marketing team. This role is essential to Ameda’s marketing organization in leading two key growth drivers for Ameda: building the brand and accelerating growth in Ameda’s consumer-facing channels (Affordable Care Act/Insurance Channel, Retail, E-commerce) and development, deployment, and continuous management of Ameda brand equity and design across the consumer brand experience touchpoints. The GBM will directly report to VP of Global Marketing.
Consumer Marketing (Affordable Care Act/Insurance Channel, Retail, E-commerce)
- Owns and leads the generation and strategic analysis of consumer insights and competitive intelligence across direct-to-consumer channels.
- Applies a deep understanding of consumer insights, channel dynamics, category drivers, mega consumer trends and competition by analyzing multi-source data (including POS and Nielsen) to develop actionable consumer brand strategy and marketing plan and track ROI and business progress.
- Leverages brand positioning/equity and consumer/channel insights to develop strong creative briefs, design and execute compelling, insight-driven marketing and brand building campaigns (i.e. print, digital, events, conferences, promotional materials, education, grassroots, PR) targeting moms. Works closely with Digital Marketing Manager to drive development and execution of a strong digital and content strategy. Effectively drives medical/regulatory review process to gain approval on campaigns and brand messaging. Evaluates campaign impact to business and brand.
- Leads marketing initiatives and brand guidance to support Ameda retail and ACA teams and channel partners. Represent the brand from marketing perspective at channel partner meetings/line reviews. Co-leads the management of retail promotion planning and budget with Retail Sales Director.
- Collaborates closely with Innovation Brand Manager on direct-to-consumer innovation ideas and pipeline development; contributes throughout Stage-Gate process for innovation projects and owns consumer market launch and activation.
- Lead all packaging activities for the consumer-facing products to drive consumer value optimization.
- Effectively manages consumer marketing budget; uses resources effectively with a focus on prioritization and ROI.
Brand Equity/Design Management
- Owns and leads the development, deployment and continuous evolvement and stewardship of Ameda brand equity including brand visual identity and assets, design, pyramid, and architecture; energizes internal teams on the brand and develop and champion distinctive brand assets to be deployed as part of consumer communications and creative campaigns globally.
- Develops unique strategic plans to optimize the brand experience for the consumer at user touchpoints, graphics, retail, and visual interfaces; collaborates with internal creative designer or external agencies to bring the plans to life.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College degree in Marketing, Business, or in a business-related field; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Consumer Marketing/Brand Management with a focus on consumer marketing and brand equity
- Meaningful, transferrable experience and knowledge of consumer goods/durables, or consumer-facing medical devices (Ideally in an environment where go-to-market strategy involves both consumers and Health Care Professionals; and complex channel structure exists including insurance/payers and retail)
- Solid knowledge, experience, and proven success in:
- Leading consumer insights generation, brand equity development and activation
- Building brands from early strategy development to market launch and growth, with strong focus on digital brand building
- Traditional retail environment (Channel dynamics/Analytics including Nielsen and POS data) and E-commerce (Amazon.com experience strongly preferred)
- Strong business model savvy, a general management and ‘can do’ aptitude, and strong leadership skills to create direction and inspire greatness with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Strong communication skills; highly collaborative with ability to build solid internal and external partnerships
- Strategic thinking ability along with enthusiasm and capability for flawless marketing execution and focus on details. Strong ability to see the big picture, analyze trends and draw relationships and hypotheses.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Knowledge and passion for consumer brand marketing, purpose-driven businesses and brands with mom/baby focus.
- Willing and able to travel, approximately 10-15%. (Job will be based full-time in Ameda’s home office in Buffalo Grove, IL)
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Facilitates Change – Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change.
- Follow Up – Establishes processes to monitor the results of delegations, assignments, or projects; takes into consideration the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and characteristics of the assignment.
- Managing Work – Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently within timelines.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing projects by considering all areas involved, shows concern for all aspects of the job ‘no matter how small’.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a sense of urgency; values the opportunity to make a difference and out-of-the-box thinking.