In this section, common breastfeeding issues are reviewed, as well as solutions. Information on these issues includes:
- Jaundice – causes of new born jaundice, its treatment, and breastfeeding.
- Sore Nipples – prevention of sore nipples with a deep latch, and signs of a deep latch.
- Engorgement – tips on how to prevent and treat engorgement.
- Mastitis - common causes, risk factors, and tips to help get rid of mastitis.
- Nipple Yeast – signs and treatment of nipple yeast, and methods to prevent it from returning.
- Diet and Breastfeeding –tips on sticking with the golden rule of eating in moderation.
This is general information and does not replace the advice of your healthcare provider. If you have a problem you cannot solve quickly, seek help right away. Every baby is different. If in doubt, contact your physician or healthcare provider.