Inspire and Commit to Each Other
Our personal integrity, trust of our colleagues, and dedication to our work creates an environment of respect and excellence throughout Ameda®.
This Ameda Core Value leads to a team-oriented culture where all are challenged to think beyond the obvious. If you have a desire to learn, grow and innovate, you can find purpose and satisfaction with us. At Ameda, you can make a contribution to an industry dedicated to improving the lives of mothers and babies.
There is no typical day at Ameda. Our market and our customers are always changing. This results in a highly stimulating atmosphere, where each employee can flourish based on his or her area of expertise.
Ameda is committed to creating opportunities for qualified, enthusiastic employees who want to broaden their skills. Our growth makes it possible to offer a spectrum of development options. We are interested in learning more about you. Resumes can be sent to Recruiting@ameda.com.
Job Title –Manager of Pricing and Analytics- Ameda
The Manager of Pricing and Analytics is responsible for the proposal/bid and contracting cycle covering primarily institutional and governmental customers in the US market. The Manager will serve as the primary point person for Ameda’s sales management for new opportunities involving National Accounts, Federal Government, State/Local Government/WIC and IDN contracting. The manager will also be responsible for overseeing relationships with retailers, distributors and prime vendors including the monthly and quarterly reporting of fees, rebates and tracings.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Pricing and Contracts Staff.
- Oversee and contribute to all aspects of customer contracting/bids including receiving, preparing and responding to all proposal requests for National Accounts, Federal Government, State/Local Government/WIC and IDN’s.
- Understand, edit and respond to contractual language to ensure compliance to acceptable standards/business practices and coordinate with Legal for review and approval.
- Lead projects requiring support and agreement between business units and other functional areas to establish and revise business policies and practices, to support ongoing customer demands in the marketplace.
- Coordinate deal/pricing analysis and strategy
- Contribute to effective implementation of new price programs and corresponding new business practices.
- Supervise and contribute to the preparation and distribution of launch materials and maintain online databases to ensure access to current information for field sales associates.
- Participate in training for sales and other staff pertaining to proper implementation and utilization of contracts and programs.
- Manage relationships with prime vendors/distributors and retail/rental stations.
- Oversee administrative functions including administrative fees, contract sales reports, sales tracings, prime vendor rebates and chargebacks, GPO membership processing and committed volume agreement/participation forms for GPO members.
Minimum of 7 years of pricing/contracting experience + a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
Required Technical Competencies:
- Strong and intuitive business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills – Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Proficient Project Management Skills - Applies knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to a broad range of activities in order to meet the requirements of a particular project.
- Understanding of business/legal practices
- Understanding of contracting and business trends in U.S. healthcare market
- Contracting processes and procedures ‘best practices’
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Secondary Technical Competencies
Experience with WIC
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Personal Leadership – Leads by envisioning the future, engaging others, energizing people and enabling self and others to develop and execute plans to deliver strategy.
- Builds Partnerships – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, team, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Develops Others – Plans and supports the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Information Monitoring – Sets up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Plans and Organizes – Establishes course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Strategic Decision Making – Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints and organizational values.
- Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.