Inspire and Commit to Each Other
Our personal integrity, trust of our colleagues, and dedication to our work creates an environment of respect and excellence throughout Ameda®.
This Ameda Core Value leads to a team-oriented culture where all are challenged to think beyond the obvious. If you have a desire to learn, grow and innovate, you can find purpose and satisfaction with us. At Ameda, you can make a contribution to an industry dedicated to improving the lives of mothers and babies.
There is no typical day at Ameda. Our market and our customers are always changing. This results in a highly stimulating atmosphere, where each employee can flourish based on his or her area of expertise.
Ameda is committed to creating opportunities for qualified, enthusiastic employees who want to broaden their skills. Our growth makes it possible to offer a spectrum of development options. We are interested in learning more about you. Resumes can be sent to Recruiting@ameda.com.
Job Title – Medical Sales Specialist Job Description
Ameda has been offering hospital grade equipment to support Mother’s in establishing and maintaining a milk supply for over 75 years. Ameda is dedicated to providing clinically superior products that protect the breastmilk during collection, storage, and warming processes at economical costs to Hospitals. In all that Ameda offers – from our clinically differentiated breast pumps, breastfeeding and breast care accessories to research-based education - reflects our mission to support clinicians and empower moms to meet their breastfeeding goals in hospital and at home.
The Ameda Medical Sales Specialist is responsible for creating a preference for Ameda Breastfeeding products and the company in the hospital acute care setting as well as other healthcare settings. Promote the sale of Ameda products and to provide education to clinicians. In addition, the Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining Ameda ethical and professional selling standards.
This position is remote, work from home, with a territory of New York, New Jersey and Delaware. The ideal location is New York City or Northern New Jersey. Ameda's headquarters is in Buffalo Grove IL.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Manage complex sales by strategically navigating the hospital decision making process.
- Precall Planning and defining outcomes.
- Analyze market data and develop strategic plans to grow sales sufficient to achieve growth objectives.
- Coordinate selling and conversion efforts with Ameda counterparts in any given target account.
- Maintain call frequency to support account conversion and account service needs.
- Educate healthcare professionals including Physicians, nurses and lactation consultants on the Ameda product line compared to competitive offerings, along with current concepts and protocols.
- Present clinical and financial proposals to hospital decision makers.
- Conduct multiple shift in-service programs as needed to ensure effective product adoption and utilization.
- Maintain close communications with Region Manager through monthly update and regular contact by telephone and e-mail.
- Assist corporate staff who are traveling in the field.
- Collaborate with Marketing.
- Provide competitive information.
BS Degree Required with 3-5 years of documented successful outside sales experience working with clinical decision makers in the hospital setting. Experience selling in healthcare related call points including NICU, Mother Baby, Purchasing as well as durable medical equipment (DME) owners is desirable. Clinical background preferred.
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software such as salesforce.com
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful outside medical sales performance.
- Clinical Sales Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to learn Ameda products/marketplace
- Ability to travel within the sales territory as required to achieve sales goals and service customers.
Job Title – Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager will serve as the product marketing lead for the reimbursement channel and personal pump portfolio. This includes P&L responsibility for personal pump products, product management lead for new products and cost savings projects, and product marketing communications lead for product launch and brand building efforts related to the pump category. The role is highly collaborative and cross functional. The position’s responsibilities are to be executed in accordance with the mission, philosophy and objectives of Ameda and will require a team-oriented approach.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Leads all product management activities for the personal pump category including product positioning, forecasting, product innovation mapping, business case development and sustaining product initiatives
- Leads key new product and product improvement projects in collaboration with VP Marketing, VP R&D, VP Operations, CFO, Sales Directors
- Builds and executes strategic and tactical marketing plans for personal pump product line and reimbursement channel
- Leads development of product marketing materials, product literature, and any other collateral material required to support key customer, consumer and channel partners
- Develops sales tools and works with sales team to ensure marketing programs, tactics and strategies are executed effectively
- Develops key account programs for key DME & insurance channel partners
- Develops consumer centric marketing programs and communications targeted at moms seeking pumps via the reimbursement channel. This includes the development of digital and social strategy aimed at driving awareness and pull through of Ameda pumps
- Participates on planning teams and serves as subject matter expert for other internal and external meetings such as annual sales meetings and customer/account meetings
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues & agency partners on the development of annual marketing business plan deliverables including product roadmap, messaging, sales tools, account specific marketing programs digital brand campaigns, social campaigns
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), global medical device regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Consumer Marketing/Brand Management with significant knowledge and track record in product management and product marketing
- Meaningful, transferable experience and knowledge of consumer goods/durables, or consumer-facing medical devices (ideally in an environment where go-to-market strategy involves both consumers and Health Care Professionals; and complex channel structure exists including insurance/payers and retail)
- Solid knowledge, experience, and proven success in:
- Product management and new product introduction
- Product Marketing; launch plan development & execution
- Strong business model savvy, a general management and ‘can do’ aptitude, and strong leadership skills to create direction and inspire greatness with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Strong communication skills; highly collaborative with ability to build solid internal and external partnerships
- Strategic thinking ability along with enthusiasm and capability for flawless marketing execution and focus on details. Strong ability to see the big picture, analyze trends and draw relationships and hypotheses
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and passion for consumer brand marketing, purpose-driven businesses and brands with mom/baby focus
- Willing and able to travel, approximately 10-15%. (Job will be based full-time in Ameda head office in Buffalo Grove, IL)