Ameda CleanEase Microwaveable Steam Sanitization Bags
Keep your breast milk parts safe and sanitized with the Ameda CleanEase Microwavable Steam Sanitizing Bags. In under 5 minutes, the CleanEase Steam Bag sanitizes breast pump kit parts such as flanges, flange adapters, diaphragms, and valves. CleanEase can also be used to sanitize nipple shields, breast shells, collection bottles, and lids. The steam bag's large steam vent allows for fast cooling and draining plus its Press N' Seal leak-proof zipper will help keep your counter mess-free. Made with Food Grade PET + RCPP, the superior Polypropylene CleanEase Steam Bag features three layers to keep the bag's form stable for up to 20 uses. For more details on best practices of sanitizing pump kit parts, please read the CleanEase FAQs here.
For Health & Safety:
Ameda meets the standard recommended by HMBANA and the CDC. Per the CDC and HMBANA’s “Best Practice for Expressing, Storing and Handling Human Milk in Hospitals, Home and Child Care Setting”, Ameda recommends the steam sanitizing process for Ameda’s HygieniKit® Milk Collection System:
- If using the steam sanitizing process, please follow Ameda’s cleaning instructions first.
- Proper cleaning of pump parts is needed. If not, the milk residuals will be “cooked” onto the parts and provide a medium for bacterial growth.
- Check pump kit parts for cracks, chips, tears, or deformation before and after steam sanitization process.
- Major risk with steam bags is scalding, so moms and caregivers should be very careful when they take the bag out of the microwave.
- CleanEase bags are convenient and multi-purpose – ideal for sanitization of Ameda Nipple Shields, DuoShell, collection bottles, locking rings, and lids OR to carry breast pump kit parts and accessories while on-the-go
- With plenty of room for an Ameda double pumping kit, the Ameda CleanEase is 20% larger in volume than the leading brand
- Made with premium food grade and high-temperature resistant material, the superior Polypropylene variation RCPP features three layers for better heat-sealing properties and helps the Steam Bag retain its shape even after multiple uses
- Durable construction boasts superior high-temperature resistance RCPP designed to withstand microwave heating and pressure when compared to polypropylene that is used by the leading brand
- 20% larger than the leading brand
- Press N’ Seal leak-proof zipper
- Made of superior Polypropylene variation – (Retortable Cast Polypropylene) RCPP
- 3-layer construction for superior high-temperature resistance designed to withstand microwave heating and pressure
- Expandable bottom helps the bag stand upright
- Large “Hold Here” cool-to-touch area
- 20 uses per bag
- Large steam vent for fast cooling and draining
- Dimensions: 11.25 (L) x 3 (W) x 8.07 (H) inch
What breast pump kit parts can be sanitized with this bag?
Ameda CleanEase is ideal to sanitize breast pump kit parts such as flanges, flange adapters, diaphragm, valves, and other microwaveable plastic and silicone products that support breastfeeding and infant/baby nutrition.
What are the items that are not fit for sanitization in this bag?
There is no need to clean Ameda breast pump kit parts such as tubing, tubing adapters, and caps. Please do not microwave tubing as damage may occur. Also, please do not use this bag to sanitize metal items or any other items that are not safe for microwaves. The microwave manufacturer’s instructions should be a useful guide to understand the Do's and Don’ts when using this product.
What is CleanEase made of?
The Ameda CleanEase is made of food-grade Polypropylene. They are inert materials and do not present a health hazard. The FDA has recognized recycled polypropylene as food-safe since 2013. Polypropylene’s high melting point makes it suitable for microwaveable food containers. It is nonvolatile and doesn’t react to liquids, acids, or bases, so it’s perfect to store a wide variety of foods or items that come in contact with food including breastmilk. Ameda CleanEase steam bags are BPA-free.
How many times can a single bag be used consecutively?
Ameda CleanEase bags can be used up to 20 times per bag. It is recommended not to use the bag more than 20 times for optimal results and to avoid any potential damage and leakage.
What is the time duration required to microwave breast pump parts for effective sanitization?
To ensure proper sanitization, the time duration for this process will depend on the wattage of the microwave. Please refer to the microwave manufacturer’s instruction manual for information on wattage and power. The duration for use is as below:
- >1100W = 1.5 minutes
- 800-1100W = 3 minutes
- 600-750W = 5 minutes
What precautions should be used while using a microwavable steam cleaning bag?
The major risk with steam bags is scalding, Moms and caregivers should be very careful when they take the bag out of the microwave. When using the Ameda CleanEase steam bag:
- Be careful when you take out the bag from the microwave. The water, steam and content inside the bag are very hot.
- Please do not use this bag to sanitize metal items.
- Always fill the bag with 60mL (2oz) water of drinking quality.
- Do not put this bag in a conventional oven.
- Do not place the bag on a metallic grill that comes with some microwave ovens.
- Follow the instruction manual of your microwave oven.
Before Every Use:
- Always wash your hands well with soap and water before handling the Ameda HygieniKit Milk Collection System or other Ameda products.
- SET ASIDE adapter cap, tubing, and tubing adapter.
- Properly pre-clean pump parts first or the milk residuals will be “cooked” onto the parts and provide a medium for bacterial growth.
After Every Use:
- Please check pump kit parts for cracks, chips, tears, or deformation before and after the sanitization process.
What is the steam vent/drain spout for?
Located on the right, upper corner of the bag, the vent allows for hot steam to escape. After use, remember to drain/pour out any remaining hot water before drying and storage. The bag is clearly marked with a “Caution” mark to avoid scalding or burning.
Available in 7 Count or a 100 Count Bulk pack.