ParentCare Customer Service Representative
Ameda, Inc., one of the leading breast pump manufacturers for new mothers, is looking for an experienced individual to be a part of our ParentCare team/call center located in Buffalo Grove, IL. A ParentCare Representative is the voice of the company to our customer and serves as a customer advocate. A ParentCare Rep is required to demonstrate excellent listening skills, empathy, respect, and the utmost patience as they assist Ameda customers. Troubleshooting, warranty and product support, providing basic breast pumping guidance and management of consumer orders, back orders and shipments is provided to Ameda product users via the ParentCare support phone line, email, and social media.
- Encourage, support and promote customer service best practices, department morale and Ameda Inc. core values.
- Display respectful, caring, and professional attitude to assist, support and troubleshoot with all customers.
- Effective and efficient resolution of issues by telephone, email and social media in accordance with company policies and procedures. Answering telephone calls received through the ParentCare Support line is the main priority with emphasis on first call resolution.
- Collect and professionally document all customer interactions as required by the FDA, using department standard verbiage. Escalate through the proper channels when required.
- Support continuous improvement and make improvement suggestions to policy and procedures while keeping the best interest of the customer and Ameda in mind.
- Actively prioritize workload, multi-tasking proficiency, and seek additional tasks and projects while increasing the knowledge base of Ameda products and applications.
- Perform general administrative follow-up and documentation of calls and questions in a timely manner
- Place orders for warranty replacement parts and enter orders for consumers when Ameda website is non-operational
- Provide back-up support for business customers when necessary
- Demonstrates regular and reliable attendance, understands and complies with all safety and health rules and regulations for the designated work areas.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to cope with a fast paced environment
- Team Player
- Works well independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Previous work in a team environment
- Open to constructive feedback
- Computer skills: typing skills (min 30 words/min), Excel and Word proficiency
- 2 years previous experience in call center customer service setting; medical related field a plus
- Customer Relationship Management system experience
- ERP System experience, Netsuite a plus
- Call center experience
- Leadership experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes actions to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as the lead of a team to move members toward the completion of goals.
- Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Accurately checks processes and tasks.
- Customer Focus – Resolves time sensitive issues by actively listening to the customer and demonstrating appropriate empathy; effectively balances the needs of the customer with the needs of the business.