Product Marketing Manager
The Product Manager - Upstream Innovation will serve as the lead marketing voice in all upstream product development activities for the Ameda organization. The role will drive a mix of product and project management activities associated with the identification of product gaps, development of product requirements, identification of vendors and oversight of all product development activities and timelines. The role is highly collaborative and cross functional with the Ameda R&D, operations, sourcing, sales, quality and regulatory teams. The position’s responsibilities are to be executed in accordance with the mission, philosophy and objectives of Ameda and will require a team-oriented approach.
- Leads all up-stream product management activities for a range of product categories that include Medical Device and Consumer Products focused on Breast feeding and Breast pumping.
- Develops business cases for new product opportunities and continually updates those business cases as new inputs are available. Presents the business cases to management team members in monthly Product Steering Committee meetings.
- Leads all project management related activities for a range of projects that are different stages of development. This includes creation of detailed project timelines, leading team meetings, elevating key decisions to management and problem solving.
- Works closely to define product requirements, user test requirements and vendor requirements as the projects progress through different milestones.
- Effectively partners with the VP of Marketing and the Product Manager – downstream marketing to efficiently and effectively transition projects into the launch and commercialization phases.
- Participates on planning teams and serves as subject matter expert for other internal and external meetings such as annual sales meetings and customer/account meetings.
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues & agency partners on the development of annual marketing business plan deliverables including product roadmap, messaging, sales tools, account specific marketing programs digital brand campaigns, social campaigns.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), global medical device regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Medical Device marketing with significant knowledge and track record in product management and project Management
- Meaningful, transferable experience and knowledge of consumer-facing medical devices (Ideally in an environment where go-to-market strategy involves both consumers and Health Care Professionals; and complex channel structure exists including insurance/payers and retail)
- Solid knowledge, experience, and proven success in:
- Product management and new product introduction
- Project management and Business Case Development
- Strong business model savvy, a general management and ‘can do’ aptitude, and strong leadership skills to create direction and inspire greatness with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Strong communication skills; highly collaborative with ability to build solid internal and external partnerships
- Strategic thinking ability along with enthusiasm and capability for flawless marketing execution and focus on details. Strong ability to see the big picture, analyze trends and draw relationships and hypotheses
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and passion for consumer brand marketing, purpose-driven businesses and brands with mom/baby focus
- Willing and able to travel, approximately 10-15%. (Job will be based full-time in Ameda head office in Buffalo Grove, IL)
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes actions to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as the lead of a team to move members toward the completion of goals.
Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Accurately checks processes and tasks.
- Customer Focus - Resolves time sensitive issues by actively listening to the customer and demonstrating appropriate empathy; effectively balances the needs of the customer with the needs of the business.