Keep your breast milk parts safe and sanitized with the Ameda CleanEase Microwavable Steam Sanitizing Bags. With 80% more volume than the leading brand, the CleanEase Steam Bag sanitizes breast pump kit parts such as flanges, flange adapters, diaphragms, and valves. CleanEase can also be used to sanitize nipple shields, breast shells, collections bottles, and lids. The steam bag’s large steam vent allows for fast cooling and draining plus its Slide N’ Seal leak-proof zipper will help keep your counter mess-free. Made with Food Grade PET + RCPP, the superior Polypropylene CleanEase Steam Bag features three layers to keep the bag’s form stable up to 20 uses. For more details on best practices of sanitizing pump kit parts, please read the CleanEase FAQs here.
Ameda CleanEase Microwavable Steam Sanitizing Bags – 7 Count
Out of stock
How To Use
- CleanEase bags are convenient and multi-purpose
- Holds 80% more volume than the leading brand
- Made with Food Grade PET + RCPP
- Sanitize breast pump kit parts such as flanges, flange adapters, diaphragm, valves (No need to clean Ameda tubing, tubing adapter and cap)
- Sanitize Ameda Nipple Shields, DuoShell, collection bottles, locking rings and lids
- Carry breast pump kit parts and accessories while on-the-go
- Slide N’ Seal leak-proof zipper with plastic slider snap
- Made of superior Polypropylene variation – RCPP featuring three layers for better heat sealing properties
- Expandable Bottom
- 20 uses per bag
- Larger “Hold Here” cool-to-touch area
- Large steam vent for fast cooling and draining
- Dimensions: 8.07 (L) x 3. (W) x 11.2 (H) inches
As per HMBANA's newly released "Best Practice for Expressing, Storing, and Handling Human Milk in Hospitals, Home and Child Care Setting", Ameda recommends the below, with regard to utilizing steam sanitizing process for Ameda's Hygienikit Milk Collection System:
- For sanitizing, Ameda recommends boiling all parts for 20 minutes (except tubing, adapter cap, and tubing adapter).
- If using steam sanitizing process, please follow Ameda's cleaning instructions first.
- Please recommend proper cleaning of pump parts first. If not, the milk residuals will be "cooked" onto the parts and provide a medium for bacterial growth.
- Please recommend checking pump kit parts for cracks, chips, tears, or deformation before and after sanitization process.
- Please advise precaution. Major risk with steam bags is scalding, so moms and care givers should be very careful when they take the bag out of the microwave.
Ameda's CleanEase Steam Bag is made with a superior Polypropylene variation known as RCPP. RCPP is heat resistant similar to the standard Polypropylene used in the leading brand, but is better at handling high heat with steam due to its superior heat sealing properties, thermal viscosity, and excellent high-temperature resistance. Made up of 3 layers, the RCPP helps the steam bag remain form-stable even after multiple uses.What breast pump kit parts can be sanitized with this bag?
Ameda CleanEase is ideal to sanitize breast pump kit parts such as flanges, flange adapters, diaphragm, valves and other microwavable plastic and silicone products that support breastfeeding and infant/baby nutrition.What are the items that are not fit for sanitization in this bag?
There is no need to clean Ameda breast pump kit parts such as tubing, tubing adapter and cap. Please do not microwave tubing as damage may occur. Also please do not use this bag to sanitize metal items or any other item that are not safe for microwaves. The microwave manufacturer’s instructions should be a useful guide to understand the Do's and Don’ts when using this product.What is this bag made of?
The Ameda CleanEase is made of food-grade Polypropylene. They are inert materials and do not present a health hazard. The FDA approves recycled polypropylene as food-safe since 2013. Polypropylene’s high melting point makes it suitable for microwaveable food containers. It is nonvolatile and doesn’t react to liquids, acids, or bases, so it’s perfect to store a wide variety of foods or items that come in contact with food including breastmilk. Ameda CleanEase steam bags are BPA-free.How many times can a single bag be used consecutively?
Ameda CleanEase bags can be used up to 20 times per bag. It is recommended not to use the bag more than 20 times for optimal results and to avoid any potential damage and leakage.What is the time duration required to microwave breast pump parts for effective sanitization?
To ensure proper sanitization, the time duration for this process will depend on the wattage of the microwave. Please refer to microwave manufacturer’s instruction manual for information on wattage and power. The duration for use is as below:
- above 1100W = 1.5 minutes
- 800-1100W = 3 minutes
- 00-750W = 5 minutes
The major risk with steam bags is scalding, Moms and caregivers should be very careful when they take the bag out of the microwave. When using the Ameda CleanEase steam bag:
- Be careful when you take out the bag from the microwave. The water, steam and content inside the bag are very hot. Heating longer than recommended may harm the zipper slider and breast pump parts inside.
- Please do not use this bag to sanitize metal items.
- Always fill the bag with 60mL water of drinking quality.
- Do not put this bag in a conventional oven.
- Do not place the bag on metallic grill that comes with some microwave ovens.
- Follow the instruction manual of your microwave oven.
- Always wash your hands well with soap and water before handling the Ameda HygieniKit Milk Collection System or other Ameda products.
- SET ASIDE adapter cap, tubing and tubing adapter.
- Properly pre-clean pump parts first or the milk residuals will be “cooked” onto the parts and provide a medium for bacterial growth.
- Please check pump kit parts for cracks, chips, tears or deformation before and after sanitization process
Located on the right, upper corner of the bag, the vent allows for hot steam to escape. After use, remember to drain/pour out any remaining hot water before drying and storage. The bag is clearly marked with “Caution” to avoid scalding or burning.