HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System
Our milk collection system features the world’s only FDA-cleared patented protective barrier that protects the breast milk, kit tubing and pump from potential contaminants like bacteria and viruses while pumping. Ameda® HygieniKit Milk Collection Systems are designed to work specifically with all Ameda breast pumps. All HygieniKit Milk Collection Kits are without BPA or DEHP.
- Proven Airlock Protection™ prevents air flow between expressed milk and tubing while pumping
- Its solid barrier keeps narrow pump tubing dry so no need to clean or replace it
- Also available as sterile, pre-assembled and ready to use kits for hospital use
- Converts easily to a manual pump with One-Hand breast pump adapter for more pumping options
- Single or double pumping options to meet a mother’s varying needs
- All HygieniKit Systems attach the same way to all Ameda
electric breast pumps simplifying pump use and care
Ameda HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System
Ameda HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System with Proven Airlock Protection™ is a FDA cleared class 2 medical device. It helps protect breast milk and the baby from bacteria, mold and viruses while pumping.
- The Ameda HygieniKit has a patented silicone diaphragm that creates a barrier protecting the pump and pump tubing from penetration of bacteria (1,2) ''and viruses (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV)(2, 3) from contaminated liquids inside the pump body.
- The diaphragm in this product creates a barrier protecting liquids collected in the collecting bottle system from penetra tion of bacteria (1,2) and viruses (2,3) (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV) from the pump and tubing in the event of contamination of these components by a prior user.
- Note that the Ameda HygieniKit neither removes bacteria and viruses (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV) from the breast milk being fed into the collection bottle nor does the Ameda HygieniKit make it safe for infected mothers to feed their infants with milk collected using this device.
1,3 Testing performed in situ using actual HygieniKits and SMB Piston Breast Pump with suspension of Phi-X174 bacteriophage and Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus pneumoniae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Procedure was adopted from ASTMN 1671-97b “Standard Test method Resistance of materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood -borne Pathogens using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage as a test system”
2 The use of this product neither guarantees or warranties against the transmission of Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV.
Some non-Ameda breast pump brands in the market do not have a protective barrier at the breast flange. Without an effective barrier, the tubing can be a potential medium for condensation, moisture and mold. This risk can ultimately affect breast milk for the infant as well as the pump parts.
Ameda’s HygieniKit Milk Collection System with the FDA-cleared protective barrier helps prevent potential risk factors, offering the safest kit available in the market. There is no need to clean the tubing as it remains dry, simplifying pump use and care.
Closed system, proven barrier helps protect milk while keeping tubing dry and clean. No need to clean the tubing while milk stays safe.
Complete control of suction and speed to select your best levels for milk flow and comfort. More closely mimics your baby’s nursing rhythms.
Smooth, rhythmic waveform mimics hospital pump waveform in a personal breast pump and creates a gentle sensation so pumping feels comfortable.
Different breast flange sizes that fit all Ameda breast pumps and kits to help make breast pumping more comfortable and efficient.