Supply Chain Planner
We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Planner responsible for demand/ supply planning and inventory management to meet customer expectation and support business goals. This position is responsible for managing the execution of our contract manufacturing process to produce products supporting our sales plan. This role also takes the lead in managing the logistic services. The goal of the Supply Chain Planner is to improve service quality and reduce total costs across the supply network. The Supply Chain Planner is required to work interactively with the business teams to support short and long term product strategies. The Supply Chain Planner is responsible to maintain supplier relationships and validate requirements are achieved in the areas of quality, cost and responsiveness to the company’s strategic goals.
- Lead the Sales and Operations Planning process for the assigned product lines
- Generate demand, supply and inventory plans to steer contract manufacturers' capacity loading, and contribute to a smooth order fulfillment process, by proactively preparing either suppliers' capacity or stock level
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to prepare and maintain Global demand forecasts
- Develop and monitor Master Production schedules to manage supply chain and distribution of finished products and component parts to support the global contract manufacturing process
- Meet customer service target and inventory target to achieve business objectives
- Ability to consolidate demand signals and supply limitation to develop schedules for simple to moderately complex product lines using systems tools and/or develop purchasing plans for suppliers
- Assist in the development and communication of long term operating plans to reflect product demand, purchasing and inventory plan. Escalate and work to resolve issues when supply/ demand gap is identified.
- Work with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure supply and demand are in balance, and minimize excess inventory
- Assist in the management of global distribution, while taking ownership of the global supply chain for assigned product lines
- Reconcile and maintain code level inventory for the assigned product lines
- Maintain SKU code master data and statistics in the systems for the assigned product lines
- Identify and inform manager of excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory issues. Recommend actions to resolve issues.
- Work with logistics partners to ensure freight moves in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Define and report key performance indicators relating to supply chain and define corrective actions where applicable, including but not limited to service levels, back order list, working capital, Master Production schedule compliance, supplier performance scorecard, etc.
- Continually identify and execute quality improvement and cost savings across the Supply Chain network
- Work on projects assigned by senior management. May assist in leading projects with limited scope.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to ensure continuous supply and minimal excess inventory throughout different phases of product life cycle, including new product launch, sustaining, and end of life.
- Support and execute supply strategies to meet business objectives
- Manage and communicate with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Represent Operations in the cross-functional team through product quality and service issues as they arise
Qualifications & Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree required plus minimum of 3 – 5 yrs of Master Planning experience with contract manufacturing in a fast paced consumer product business.
Required Technical Competencies
- Contract Manufacturing production planning experience
- Experience working with logistics partners
- Analytical, problem solving, and detail oriented
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Project Management Skills – ability to follow project plans and meet key milestones
- Demonstrated Negotiation Skills – ability to develop and execute a negotiation strategy
- Strong working knowledge in ERP and MRP software
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Desired Secondary Competencies
- Global production planning experience
- Medical Device Manufacturing Planning experience
- ISO 13485 or 9001 experience
- Multi-facility management experience
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
- Builds Strategic Working Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Facilitates Change - Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Manages Work - Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Contributes to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.