CustomFit Breast Flanges™ and Inserts
The breast flange is the funnel shaped piece that cups your breast. A good fit is important! It can help make breast pumping comfortable and help you pump more milk. All Ameda® HygieniKit® Milk Collection Systems come with a standard size 25.0mm flange that works well for many moms, but we also offer a range of different flange sizes and inserts – our CustomFit Flange System – to ensure you find your best fit.
PLEASE NOTE: Each item is sold individually. Please order two of your preferred size(s) for double pumping.
$9.49 – $11.49
- 21.0mm – (1) Extra Small Flexishield Areola Stimulator (fits inside 25.0mm flange)
- 22.5mm – (1) Small Breast Flange Reducing Insert (fits inside 25.0mm flange)
- 25.0mm – (1) Standard Breast Flange
- 28.5mm – (1) Medium Breast Flange
- 30.5mm – (1) Large Breast Flange
- 30.5mm Flange with 28.5mm insert (Available in our Medium Insert/Large Flange CustomFit Kit)
- 36.0mm Flange with 32.5mm insert (Available in our Extra Large Insert / Extra Extra Large Flange CustomFit Kit)
- Each item sold individually
- BPA and DEHP free
- Works with all Ameda breast pumps and HygieniKit Milk Collection Systems
- Available in 7 different sizes for your best fit
Ameda HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System
Ameda HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System with Proven Airlock Protection™ is a FDA cleared class 2 medical device. It helps protect breast milk and the baby from bacteria, mold and viruses while pumping.
- The Ameda HygieniKit has a patented silicone diaphragm that creates a barrier protecting the pump and pump tubing from penetration of bacteria (1,2) ''and viruses (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV)(2, 3) from contaminated liquids inside the pump body.
- The diaphragm in this product creates a barrier protecting liquids collected in the collecting bottle system from penetra tion of bacteria (1,2) and viruses (2,3) (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV) from the pump and tubing in the event of contamination of these components by a prior user.
- Note that the Ameda HygieniKit neither removes bacteria and viruses (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV) from the breast milk being fed into the collection bottle nor does the Ameda HygieniKit make it safe for infected mothers to feed their infants with milk collected using this device.
1,3 Testing performed in situ using actual HygieniKits and SMB Piston Breast Pump with suspension of Phi-X174 bacteriophage and Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus pneumoniae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Procedure was adopted from ASTMN 1671-97b “Standard Test method Resistance of materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood -borne Pathogens using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage as a test system”
2 The use of this product neither guarantees or warranties against the transmission of Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV.
Finding the Right Fit
Flange size – and your fit – is determined by the width of the flange opening. You can measure your nipple to estimate which size flange is best, then check your flange fit by watching your nipple during pumping. A good fit is when your nipple moves freely in the breast flange tunnel during pumping. You see space around the nipple, and not much of the areola is drawn into the breast flange tunnel with the nipple. A flange is too small when some or all of your nipple rubs against the sides of the breast flange tunnel, and can be uncomfortable. A flange that is too large will allow more of the areola to come into the breast flange tunnel with your nipple and rub against the sides, causing discomfort. Flange fit can change as the breast changes after birth and with pumping. Use a size that feels comfortable and provides the best results.