Platinum™ Multi-User Hospital Breast Pump
The Ameda Platinum hospital breast pump has been proven with clinical research to be the most effective breast pump for establishing and maintaining increased milk production for preterm and full term infants. The Platinum pump is our top-of-the line product built for clinical use, and is also available for moms to rent and use in their own homes.
Please contact you Ameda representative for more information.
Or to find the nearest rental location, please click here.
- Only multi-user hospital breast pump to record a milk volume in excess of 1,000 mL/day by Day 14
- Comes with Ameda HygieniKit Milk Collection System - featuring the world's only FDA-cleared protective patented viral barrier to keep your breast milk safe from potential contaminants like viruses and bacteria
- Clinical evidence supports the effectiveness of the Ameda Platinum pump for your most critical patients
- Uses a durable internal piston that creates a comfortable, smooth feel
- Increased Suction Control :Displays 30-250 mmHg shown in mom-friendly units of 1-100% suction for precision adjustability
- VacuSense technology provides consistent suction for single and double pumping and varying altitudes
- Increased Cycle Range: 30-80 cpm to help express more milk in less time
DESIGNED FOR CLINICAL SETTINGS:
- Tested for durability in clinical settings
- Same preassembled collection kit
- Easy trouble-shooting
- Clear indications if service required
MOM FRIENDLY FEATURES:
Ameda HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System
Ameda HygieniKit™ Milk Collection System with Proven Airlock Protection™ is a FDA cleared class 2 medical device. It helps protect breast milk and the baby from bacteria, mold and viruses while pumping.
- The Ameda HygieniKit has a patented silicone diaphragm that creates a barrier protecting the pump and pump tubing from penetration of bacteria (1,2) ''and viruses (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV)(2, 3) from contaminated liquids inside the pump body.
- The diaphragm in this product creates a barrier protecting liquids collected in the collecting bottle system from penetra tion of bacteria (1,2) and viruses (2,3) (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV) from the pump and tubing in the event of contamination of these components by a prior user.
- Note that the Ameda HygieniKit neither removes bacteria and viruses (Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV) from the breast milk being fed into the collection bottle nor does the Ameda HygieniKit make it safe for infected mothers to feed their infants with milk collected using this device.
1,3 Testing performed in situ using actual HygieniKits and SMB Piston Breast Pump with suspension of Phi-X174 bacteriophage and Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus pneumoniae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Procedure was adopted from ASTMN 1671-97b “Standard Test method Resistance of materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood -borne Pathogens using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage as a test system”
2 The use of this product neither guarantees or warranties against the transmission of Hepatitis B and C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV.
The Ameda Difference
Some non-Ameda breast pump brands in the market do not have a protective barrier at the breast flange. Without an effective barrier, the tubing can be a potential medium for condensation, moisture and mold. This risk can ultimately affect breast milk for the infant as well as the pump parts.
Ameda’s HygieniKit Milk Collection System with the FDA-cleared protective barrier helps prevent potential risk factors, offering the safest kit available in the market. There is no need to clean the tubing as it remains dry, simplifying pump use and care.
Examining the use and outcomes of Ameda PlatinumView more
Mom & Clinician TestimonialsView More
Breast Pumping Guide: When and How Long to PumpView More
Pumping Breast Milk: The BasicsView More
Platinum Breast Pump Instructions for UseView More
Breastfeeding Support for MomDownload