Updated December 14th, 2022
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the App, and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Contact Information
If you would like to use the App, you will need to download the App from the Apple, Android or any other app store through which the App is made available to you. If you would like to access and use the App as a Registered User or contact us using the “Contact Us” feature of the App or in any other manner, you will have to provide your personal information, such as your name and email address (collectively, the “Contact Information”).
2.Breastfeeding and Pumping Information.
When use the App as a Registered User, you will also be asked to provide us with information related to your breastfeeding and pumping sessions, including but not limited to, your baby’s due date, baby’s name, and the quantity of breast milk you feed during a session (collectively, "Breastfeeding and Pumping Information").
3. Other Information.
In addition to the Contact Information and Breastfeeding and Pumping Information, we may collect additional information (the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the App, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the App you visit, etc.;
- Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), App type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G); and
- Activity and usage information occurring via the App, including tagging data, favorites, preferences, session lengths; and similar data.
- From Cookies. We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We use session cookies, which expire once you close your web browser, to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the App. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the App may not function properly.
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use the Contact Information, Breastfeeding and Pumping Information, and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide you the App, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and to improve our App.
You also authorize us to use and/or share your Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our App, we might analyze your Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the App. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our App to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, your Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose your Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ameda or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any personal information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us at email@example.com. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Ameda marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. Ameda encourages you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the App. Ameda assumes no responsibility or liability for the information collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a user can access through the App. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any personal information to them.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The App and its servers are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us maybe transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the App, you do so at your own risk.
DO NOT TRACK
Ameda does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Notice to Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
How to Contact Us
Or write to us at:
485 Half Day Road, Suite 320
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Attention: Marketing Department