Careers at Ameda
Our personal integrity, trust of our colleagues, and dedication to our work creates an environment of respect and excellence throughout Ameda®.
This Ameda Core Value leads to a team-oriented culture where all are challenged to think beyond the obvious. If you have a desire to learn, grow and innovate, you can find purpose and satisfaction with us. At Ameda, you can make a contribution to an industry dedicated to improving the lives of mothers and babies.
There is no typical day at Ameda. Our market and our customers are always changing. This results in a highly stimulating atmosphere, where each employee can flourish based on his or her area of expertise. Ameda is committed to creating opportunities for qualified, enthusiastic employees who want to broaden their skills. Our growth makes it possible to offer a spectrum of development options.
Ameda has been offering hospital grade equipment to support Mothers in establishing and maintaining a milk supply for over 75 years. Ameda is dedicated to providing clinically superior products that protect the breastmilk during collection, storage, and warming processes at economical costs to Hospitals. In all that Ameda offers – from our clinically differentiated breast pumps, breastfeeding, and breast care accessories to research-based education - reflects our mission to support clinicians and empower moms to meet their breastfeeding goals in hospital and at home.
The Ameda Medical Sales Specialist is responsible for creating a preference for Ameda Breastfeeding products and the company in the hospital acute care setting as well as other healthcare settings. Promote the sale of Ameda products and provide education to clinicians. In addition, the Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining Ameda's ethical and professional selling standards.
This position is remote, work from home and within a territory of California, Nevada and Arizona. The ideal location is Northern or Southern California. Ameda's headquarters is in Buffalo Grove, IL.
Examples of Typical Activities:
- Manage complex sales by strategically navigating the hospital decision-making process.
- Pre-call Planning and defining outcomes.
- Analyze market data and develop strategic plans to grow sales sufficient to achieve growth objectives.
- Coordinate selling and conversion efforts with Ameda counterparts in any given target account.
- Maintain call frequency to support account conversion and account service needs.
- Educate healthcare professionals including Physicians, nurses, and lactation consultants on the Ameda product line compared to competitive offerings, along with current concepts and protocols.
- Present clinical and financial proposals to hospital decision-makers.
- Conduct multiple shift in-service programs as needed to ensure effective product adoption and utilization.
- Maintain close communications with Region Manager through monthly updates and regular contact by telephone and e-mail.
- Assist corporate staff who are traveling in the field.
- Collaborate with Marketing.
- Provide competitive information.
BS Degree Required with 3-5 years of documented successful outside sales experience working with clinical decision-makers in the hospital setting. Experience selling in healthcare-related call points including NICU, Mother-Baby, purchasing as well as durable medical equipment (DME) owners is desirable. Clinical background preferred.
- Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software such as salesforce.com
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful outside medical sales performance.
- Clinical Sales Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to learn Ameda products/marketplace
- Ability to travel within the sales territory as required to achieve sales goals and service customers.