Medical Sales Specialist
The Ameda Medical Sales Specialist is responsible for creating a preference for Ameda Breastfeeding products and the company in the hospital acute care setting as well as other healthcare settings. Promote the sale of Ameda products and to provide education to clinicians. In addition, the Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining Ameda ethical and professional selling standards.
This position is remote, work from home, with a territory of New York, New Jersey and Delaware. The ideal location is New York City or Northern New Jersey. Ameda’s headquarters is in Buffalo Grove IL.
- Manage complex sales by strategically navigating the hospital decision making process.
- Precall Planning and defining outcomes.
- Analyze market data and develop strategic plans to grow sales sufficient to achieve growth objectives.
- Coordinate selling and conversion efforts with Ameda counterparts in any given target account.
- Maintain call frequency to support account conversion and account service needs.
- Educate healthcare professionals including Physicians, nurses and lactation consultants on the Ameda product line compared to competitive offerings, along with current concepts and protocols.
- Present clinical and financial proposals to hospital decision makers.
- Conduct multiple shift in-service programs as needed to ensure effective product adoption and utilization.
- Maintain close communications with Region Manager through monthly update and regular contact by telephone and e-mail.
- Assist corporate staff who are traveling in the field.
- Collaborate with Marketing.
- Provide competitive information.
BS Degree Required with 3-5 years of documented successful outside sales experience working with clinical decision makers in the hospital setting. Experience selling in healthcare related call points including NICU, Mother Baby, Purchasing as well as durable medical equipment (DME) owners is desirable. Clinical background preferred.
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software such as salesforce.com
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful outside medical sales performance.
- Clinical Sales Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to learn Ameda products/marketplace
- Ability to travel within the sales territory as required to achieve sales goals and service customers.