1. Is Ameda’s Supply Chain affected due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
Ameda has stable stock of all products, especially our sterile offerings including HygieniKit, to meet your institution’s demand during this time of uncertainty. Please see a note from our CEO to our account partners to learn more about Ameda's Supply Chain status.
2. Does Ameda’s HygieniKit with its viral barrier protect against Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Escherichia coli
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- Hepatitis B (HBV)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Phi-X174 (smallest known virus)
The Ameda HygieniKit milk collection system is the ONLY breast pump kit with an FDA-clearance designed to reduce chances of bacterial and viral contamination and also protects the pump kit tubing from moisture, condensation and dangerous mold growth. Read about the MELZER STUDY to learn more.
3. Does breastfeeding during this unprecedented outbreak pose a risk to the health of the baby?
4. What are the breast milk storage guidelines if I have Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
5. What is the cleaning recommendation for breast pump kits to minimize the risk of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
6. What are the procedures for cleaning multi-user/rental pumps to minimize the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
For Hospitals/Rental Stations Cleaning multi-user pumps between users, we recommend wiping the breast pump with a hospital approved antibacterial cleaner, such as CaviCide™, CaviWipes™, or PDI Sani-Cloth AF3.
Currently the World Health Organization recommendations include the use of:
- 70% ethanol to disinfect reusable dedicated equipment between uses
- Sodium hypochlorite at 0.5% (equivalent 5000ppm) for disinfection of frequently touched surfaces in homes or healthcare facilities